Tested Kubernetes Platforms
This section shows the different platforms where Headlamp has been tested (in-cluster) or is intended to be tested, and useful observations about it. If you have tested Headlamp on a different flavor or Kubernetes, please file a PR or issue to add your remarks to the list.
The “works” column refers to the overall Kubernetes related functionality when running in the respective platform; it may have 3 different values:
- ✔️ : Has been tried and works fine to the extent of what has been tested
- ❌ : Has been tried and didn’t work or had issues that prevented a regular use of it
- ❔: Hasn’t been tried/reported yet
|Amazon EKS||✔️||- As reported|
|DigitalOcean Kubernetes||❔||- Have you tried Headlamp on this platform? Please report your experience.|
|Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)||❔||- Have you tried Headlamp on this platform? Please report your experience.|
|K3s||✔️||- Simple to install / expose with the regular in-cluster instructions .|
|Kind||✔️||- Simple to install / expose with the regular in-cluster instructions .|
|Lokomotive||✔️||- Works with the regular in-cluster instructions
- There’s also the Lokomotive Web UI as a component, which is
|Microsoft AKS||✔️||Testing (not suitable for production):
- Deploy Headlamp from the in-cluster instructions
- Enable the http_application_routing addon (this creates a DNS zone)
- Use the DNS zone name as the domain for Headlamp, i.e. if it is
For production, please follow the intructions to deploy with an HTTPS ingress controller .
|Minikube||✔️||- For exposing with an ingress, enable ingresses with
- There are docs about the development with Minikube.